What this site is all about

This blog was created to allow friends and family of Don & Marion to post memories or thoughts of them in order to help ALL of us with our grief process.

Don and Marion's lives were extraordinary! They touched SO many people, in every walk of life, through MANY circumstances, and we all need a way to share our experiences, thoughts, stories, pictures, & memories of them.

Please feel free to add COMMENTS as often as you like, whenever you think of Don or Marion and want to just say you are thinking of them or that you miss them.

We hope you visit this site often and leave your comments and remarks so we all can be comforted or encouraged.

May your story or memory cause us a bit of cheer in our hearts as we reminiscence about Don and Marion.

Thank you!

DeeAnn & Jimmy Smith
933smith@gmail.com


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Note from DeeAnn to YOU!

The letters posted here are ones that you sent to me for me to read to Don, which I certainly did, often I read the letters to him at least twice. Sometimes he asked me to read certain ones to him again and again. He loved hearing from each of you and I know he heard each letter.

We believe he also knew when people were there visiting him even towards the very end when he wasn't able to open his eyes. He did have some type of response for those who came by to talk to him.

I've just been thinking back to those last few weeks and of all the friends and family who were so thoughtful and incredible to come by, bring food, help care for Don in so many ways! You are truly amazing friends and family! I care deeply for each one of you because you showed such love and care for my sweet brother!

I know there are many of his friends and family who were not able to be there in person towards the end, I want to tell you that he loved each one of you and you were with him in his heart! Please be comforted by these words!

I hope each of you find comfort here on this blog as you read the stories, thought, memories and browse the pictures of Don. Also if you have pictures that you would like to post, please feel free to do so as you create your own blog. Or if you would rather send me an email with pics and your thoughts I can post for you.

Love you,
DeeAnn

I don't have a doubt in my mind or heart that Don is in heaven now and I will be with him for all eternity. I look forward to that time when we are once again reunited.

No comments: