What this site is all about

This blog was created to allow friends and family of Don & Marion to post memories or thoughts of them in order to help ALL of us with our grief process.

Don and Marion's lives were extraordinary! They touched SO many people, in every walk of life, through MANY circumstances, and we all need a way to share our experiences, thoughts, stories, pictures, & memories of them.

Please feel free to add COMMENTS as often as you like, whenever you think of Don or Marion and want to just say you are thinking of them or that you miss them.

We hope you visit this site often and leave your comments and remarks so we all can be comforted or encouraged.

May your story or memory cause us a bit of cheer in our hearts as we reminiscence about Don and Marion.

Thank you!

DeeAnn & Jimmy Smith
933smith@gmail.com


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Letter from Brent and read to Don

Don---
I remember the first time we hung out as friends. Brit had mentioned that there was a really cool guy I needed to meet. He mentioned a variety of things about you, but I mostly remember him mentioning alligator skin loafers, retro jeans, and vintage costume rentals if I ever needed one. That grabbed my attention. One thing I do know, he was right about you being a pretty neat guy. You introduced me to alligator loafers, and I introduced you to Chipotle burritos. That first conversation on the porch of your store over burritos was one of the most memorable conversations I have had in the last few years. I mean that. I am thankful for you. I can imagine your reaction as I say this (you might smile, you might say thanks, you might kick me in the shin, not sure...), but God has used you greatly in my life to show me the value of people in my life. You do such a great job of valuing others, and I realized that early on. One of your greatest strengths is how you see value in each individual person, regardless of background, upbringing, race, or religion.

Thankful for you, friend---
Brent Baker

P.S. I know a burrito is probably not on your wish list, but if it is, you know who to call.

No comments: