What this site is all about

This blog was created to allow friends and family of Don & Marion to post memories or thoughts of them in order to help ALL of us with our grief process.

Don and Marion's lives were extraordinary! They touched SO many people, in every walk of life, through MANY circumstances, and we all need a way to share our experiences, thoughts, stories, pictures, & memories of them.

Please feel free to add COMMENTS as often as you like, whenever you think of Don or Marion and want to just say you are thinking of them or that you miss them.

We hope you visit this site often and leave your comments and remarks so we all can be comforted or encouraged.

May your story or memory cause us a bit of cheer in our hearts as we reminiscence about Don and Marion.

Thank you!

DeeAnn & Jimmy Smith
933smith@gmail.com


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Letter from Jared Fuson.. .read to Don

Don,

Hey friend, brother, and proverbial arch-enemy (big smile and a wink!). As I sit here and think about what I'd like to say to you I am at a loss for words, and so I can't help but think about how much I'd rather give you a hug. I'd love to give you a hug, not to pester you as I have in the past amidst our fun banter, but to show you that I care for you. There really is something warm, loving, supportive, nurturing, healing and powerful in a hug. Lucky for you though, in your playful and perpetual resistance to my hugging, I am still 1000 miles away in Chicago so words will have to suffice. Don, I know you know this, and though it is not something I say often, because of the weight, intimacy and sincerity of the words, I just want you to know that I love you. I love you like an older brother. The love I have for you is one of friendship and family. Don, from the moment I have met you I have not been left wanting in our interactions as we have sought to know each other and make sense of what we are learning in this world and about God. I have learned so much from you and from who you are as a man made in the image of God. I have been encouraged by your life and story; I have been challenged too in many many ways over our numerous conversations, arguments, and teasings of one another over coffee. Even though our friendship has been a short one, I am forever grateful for knowing you. If there is one word that encompasses my emotions towards you right now it is sadness. Sadness because you are suffering immensely, sadness because you are on your way out of this world, sadness because I was hoping to have a longer friendship with you than we've had thus far, sadness for those who are and will be suffering as a result of the enormous loss of YOU in their lives (especially Marion), sadness because I may never get to see you again before you pass, etc. This sadness I feel is not a bad thing, but a painful one. Loss is so painful, and what I am losing in you is an incredible man and friend. I think what I am most sad about is the loss of time that I hoped we would have had together, to know you better, to care for you better, to be cared for as a friend by you, and to grow deeper in our friendship and antagonistic humor towards one another. Don, I respect you immensely, and again I don't feel like any words can do justice to the warmth, love, humor and sadness that exists in my heart surrounding you. I love you Don Dent...I am proud of you! I will never forget you. I am so sorry that you are dying my friend. So so sorry. I know you are suffering, and so I don't anticipate a response, but if there is one...I'd love to know. I will miss you.

With love in my heart...your friend,
Jared Fuson

ps- i know heaven awaits you, so I will see you there! Until that time when I believe we will meet again...just anticipate a big hug! (insert sinister laugh...heh heh heh!)

No comments: