What this site is all about

This blog was created to allow friends and family of Don & Marion to post memories or thoughts of them in order to help ALL of us with our grief process.

Don and Marion's lives were extraordinary! They touched SO many people, in every walk of life, through MANY circumstances, and we all need a way to share our experiences, thoughts, stories, pictures, & memories of them.

Please feel free to add COMMENTS as often as you like, whenever you think of Don or Marion and want to just say you are thinking of them or that you miss them.

We hope you visit this site often and leave your comments and remarks so we all can be comforted or encouraged.

May your story or memory cause us a bit of cheer in our hearts as we reminiscence about Don and Marion.

Thank you!

DeeAnn & Jimmy Smith
933smith@gmail.com


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Letter from Anthony Mark... it was read to Don

My Memory of Don will always be that of a man who was full of love and creativity.

Don loved eclectic beautiful things… and shared his love so generously with all his friends.
I will never forget the time I called Don and told him I was working on a collection and I needed to find some 1950’s dresses to be inspired from... He quickly said lets go to Waco… and off we went. Don spent the entire day with me in his storage unit... it was so hot in that storage unit... it was a mid Texas hot summer and we were searching high and low for dresses... I will never forget the stories he told me about Mr. Cole and how he met Marion and how much he loved Grace Jones and clothes… I learned so much from Don about detail and appreciation for vintage objects and history…Don never did anything subtle... he always had this flair that just left you in awe... He could take anything and make it beautiful... I love Don so much and I will always love his smile and his realness... his caring way about him and never too busy for his friends... He always made time for his friends... I know someday I will see my friend again and we will laugh so hard like we did so many times... What an honor it is for me to say that I had the chance to know Don and to hang out with him…I am a better man because of him...

I love you Don... Heaven is one blessed place to have you…

Your friend forever Anthony Mark

No comments: