What this site is all about

This blog was created to allow friends and family of Don & Marion to post memories or thoughts of them in order to help ALL of us with our grief process.

Don and Marion's lives were extraordinary! They touched SO many people, in every walk of life, through MANY circumstances, and we all need a way to share our experiences, thoughts, stories, pictures, & memories of them.

Please feel free to add COMMENTS as often as you like, whenever you think of Don or Marion and want to just say you are thinking of them or that you miss them.

We hope you visit this site often and leave your comments and remarks so we all can be comforted or encouraged.

May your story or memory cause us a bit of cheer in our hearts as we reminiscence about Don and Marion.

Thank you!

DeeAnn & Jimmy Smith
933smith@gmail.com


Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Don! I miss you!

Today Don would have been 57 years old. I miss him SO MUCH! I've had the pleasure of reading his journals and enjoy going through each one tenderly. As I find things that I want to share with you specifically I will send to you either in the mail or via email.

Tomorrow (9-10-11) we are having a Remembrance Celebration for Don & Marion at La Madeleine's on Lemmon off of Oak Lawn from 5-8 pm. Please RSVP if you would like to attend.

As you know, Sunday, 9-11-11 will be 15 months since Don died. I can't believe it's been that long already. This past Wednesday was 5 months since Marion died. I still can't believe he's gone too.

My heart is SO broken and wonder if it will ever heal. I am coping, but not a day goes by without thinking of and missing them both.

I was privileged to be back in their lives from Dec 2005-till their deaths. I know they are in a much better place, where no pain or tears exist and I know without a doubt that I will see them again someday and will spend eternity with them.

You, their dear friends, please always keep in touch with me and know you are very special to me too!

DeeAnn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don and Marion were two of the friendliest and genuine people I have ever known. Don kept me in stitches with his stories. Marion was always so helpful every time I visited their store. I miss y'all. We all do. ~Chris Leeds, Dallas

DeeSmith said...

I am Don's sister & would love to hear some of the stories & memories you have of Don & Marion. My email is dee ann dent smith @ gmail dot com